Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Holiday season is upon me

I hate this time of year, Did I say Hate?? I meant HATE. From the second what we call the 4th quarter begins, on through new years. October 1 on.

I always have, I can not ever remember being excited about the run of holidays I have to somehow get through without feeling sad. I understand hiliday depression is common, I also know that with them all so crunched together it makes alot of people anxious. I am just not convinced that it what bothers me. I have had times where I just tried to make the best of it. I even have some memories of incredibly wonderful holidays, usually when I break tradition. Maybe its part a lack of any tradition of my own, outside of disappearing.

I generally do not like holidays anyway. If it is a gift giving one, i always go on some kind of quest for the perfect gift, not sure if I have ever succeeded but always try to produce a perfect something.

Valentines?? I flash through hundreds of conversations and try to produce the perfect romantic scenerio, exactly what the other person wants, would like, would make them know they are special. Again,I either over look one important factor, or wind up just cooking for myself.

Don't even ask me about easter........ friggin rabbit.

But this stretch, Halloween, 2 weeks, Birthday, 2 weeks, Thanksgiving, 2 week hanukka, 1 weeks Christmas, 1 week New years. Maybe its too much too fast, maybe it's too much trying to be 'family', maybe I just feel lonely during it. But I still find myself hating it again.

But I have remembered i do love dogs...... there is something.

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Bound for Ceiba said...

Is that the butt-waggling neighbor dog you told me about??? Very cute.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger La Gringa said...

Awww! I get that holiday depression every year, too. I usually just try to ignore the holidays but that is hard to do. Then at the last minute, I try to do things but it is always too little and too late, so then I feel even worse.

Hmmm, maybe that's why I've been feeling depressed lately.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger rita said...

i hate holidays too. I like the idea of a holiday, but I always get my expectations up and then when reality hits I come crashing down. Holidays have always made me feel just a tad bit lonely and left out, because I see how wonderful it is for other people and then I'm disappointed that I can't get into that groove.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home