Tuesday, October 03, 2006

We all need a hobby

Ok so I am moving to a place of zero tv (that I can understand anyway) and gonna be learning the lay of the land for a few months and getting all spanished up. So I keep thinking, I need a hobby. Well the one i came up with to date is I wanna learn how to make wine, not re-invent the wheel, i like the stuff i buy here, just reproduce a bit of it for personal consumption for me and the missus. Without going blind mind you.

So I been reading the process and looking at grapes (kick ass, zin grapes like it hot, knew I loved zins) and reading all the 'so you wanna learn how to make your own wine' things I can and have pretty much gathered expect a few failures. Start very small. Induce vomiting if its really that bad.

but I really think this could be fun, we all start somewhere. I was reminded of common acquaintence (less so me)who is actually going to school for this and after a year in school he still produced crap. Did I say crap?? sorry crap, did not mean to down grade you that much. But at current? I am still thinking if a grape can survive the sand flies and me, gonna have to do it. besides, want else am I gonna do after Bound sends me off to live with a honduran family for 4 weeks to beat spanish into me like its the inquisition and I am a heretic? "I believe, i believe..... what do you mean say it in spanish.....dammit"

6 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger PARLANCHEQ said...

But how are you going to learn espanol if you're tipsy from testing the end product of your new hobby? ;)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Liar_Liar said...

I will convince myself in a stupor i can speak it.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger La Gringa said...

I have a pleasant surprise for you. We get cable from the US. About 1/3 of the channels are in English, including some movie channels. We get ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, TNT, Warner, Sony, etc.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Liar_Liar said...

We do not own a TV LG. And if we get one it would be more a tool to help me learn the language. Neither one of us watches it often if ever.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Beelzebabe said...

If you could please produce a bottle of zin that doesn't give me a psychotic headache I would be eternally grateful.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Liar_Liar said...

All over it.


now i just need to find out if i can grow a damn grape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home