Monday, December 18, 2006

When I get busy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the things you forget until you are back in it.

So, I am helping out this restaurant close by through the holiday's since they, well to be honest, really need help. So on my days off (off?!?!?) I bartend. Once upon a time I was a very talented bartender, once upon a time. So, the area of action is the service well, since it is party season and now we have 150 warehouse workers in a restaurant they can not afford and the guy who calls em worthless all year is picking up the tab, open bar.

Me vs. 150 warehouse workers on a friday, and they all have a hotel room across the street, and 2 hours to break the boss.

So i am moving, ripping out top shelf martini's like its the republican national convention and the kennedies crashed it. When i get hit with the perfect ticket.

For those alive who do not know what the perfect ticket is, think perfect storm and i am george clooney. 15 drinks, no two can be made at the same time, 3 or more need a blender, one blender, and not a pop and go beer in sight. The perfect 'crash the bar' ticket.

So the whole time i am ripping these out as fast as my 2 hands can move, all i hear is the printer going..... for the 10 minutes it takes to make 4 different flavored mojito's (if you drink them, I will kill someone you love in revenge) plus all the other crap on this ticket from hell.

When out of nowhere, in my head i hear Sinatra. yuppers, spirit of Frank came too me, and in my head i hear "New York, New York". Suddenly i am a drink making monster.

Back when, If I was truely in the weeds and so over whelmed I should be committing Hari Kari with my wine opener, I came right out when i heard that song, then I am in the Zone, then I can move faster than God, Then All is at peace.

So Yes, Bring the Spouse to your next event. Me and Frank got ya....... Whose thirsty???

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

So which one of those hunky warehouse workers did you bed after the party?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Ian-Ivy du Bois said...

u scare me sometimes...

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Liar_Liar said...

Do not be scared.

Run, its the thing too do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home